Saturday, July 3, 2010

dear diary,

so i am at home in colorado this weekend and i have been reading my old journals. here are some highlights:

september 15, 1995:
today i went to jill's soccer practice and i saw the cutest boy in third grade!!!!!! and he likes me to!!!! (those last four exclamation points had hearts on the bottom)

december 10, 1995:
today we have to go to church because it's sunday, and eryn is so grose she gives me the worst wedgies.

march 5, 1996:
my mom made this new rule that we can't watch tv on week days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may 22, 1996:
dear journal,
i know i haven't written in a long time!!!

august 25, 1996:
dear journal,
i know i haven't written in a long time!!! well i'm in fourth grade! i got ms. v, she is nice and she has a boy friend. well you might not have known this, but i had a lizard and it died. :( :(
lower down on the page it says: ms. v is EVIL! she is a witch

***side note: said lizard (lizzy) died because i didn't want to feed him crickets anymore because they were gross. i even had the crickets, i just didn't give them to him. i don't know what the sad faces are all about since i pretty much murdered lizzy.

december 6, 1999:
erik asked me out so i said yes. we had a pretty good relationship. i mean we hardly talked, but hey, this is what everybody does in 6th grade.

at this point all of my entries end with "G2G!"

december 7, 1999:
mrs. s - fat & crazy
mrs. b - 24, cool & married
mrs. m - fat, pretty nice, & makes weird faces
mrs. k - mean & her hair looks like a mushroom
brian - i liked him for a few weeks but not anymore because he is soooo stupid, he flunked 7th grade. when i talk to him i feel like i am babysitting.

december 16, 1999:
today i had a bad day. sara told me what kelly was saying while i was running the shuttle "paige won't beat anyone." guess what kelly, i did!

january 4, 2000:
shea has been really mean to me lately. so from now on i am not supposed to talk to her (her rule).

january 18, 2000:
i decided i wouldn't tell anyone that i liked casey, i really did that! yah, right! lots of people know, i told them. when sara was naming guys she thought i liked on the bus, she said casey so i said "stop asking me questions!" that is how sara and christine found out. other people, i just told.

january 20, 2000:
one of the bands i don't really like is godsmack. they really suck. so does rage against the machine. some of the bands/artists i do like are: limp bizkit, blink 182, beastie boys, 98 degrees (because they're hot), orgy, fat boy slim, madonna, enrique iglesias, creed, sugar ray...and more.

so, what did i learn about myself as a child?
-i was incredibly annoying from about seventh grade until i turned sixteen.
-i cared a lot about boys, probably too much.
-i was unfortunately shallow when it came to my seventh grade teachers.

i'm not gonna lie, i don't think i really like pudge in her young adolescence.

G2G!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

martha said...

first of all, this may be my favorite post by you ever. second, my journals read almost exactly the same, except i think rage was on my "liked" band list. and I too had a sibling who gave me the worst wedgies.

remarkable.

megan thomas said...

I second that. Favorite post yet. I seriously can't read any of my jr. high and most of high school entrys. I want to smack myself. I especially liked Sheas rule that you couldn't talk to her. I use to tell that to my sister all time. Sometimes I'm amazed she likes me now.

Jill said...

Um amazing. I will forever be grateful for you for posting this and for coming to my soccer game where you found your one true love

Afton or Brooke said...

oh my. this gave me a good laugh this morning. especially the one about Shea's rule. hilarious.

Mckenzi and Matthew said...

hahah I just laughed my face off! Paigey I miss and love you and can't wait to get back and see you!

Jenni Guynn said...

currently lying on my floor laughing shamelessly at your post. you make me want to read my journals haha