Wednesday, December 2, 2009

baby, it's cold outside

am i the only one that just realized what this song is about?




I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry
My father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight
To break the spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move closer
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside

C'mon baby

I simply must go - Baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no - Ooh darling, it's cold outside
This welcome has been - I'm lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm - Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious - Man, your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips are delicious
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Never such a blizzard before

I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your coat - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - I thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me?
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out
Ahh, but it's cold outside

Baby it's cold outside

Brr it's cold.
It's cold out there
Cant you stay awhile longer baby
Well...I really shouldn't...alright
Make it worth your while baby
Ahh, do that again.


this guy just can't take no for an answer and i am pretty sure he put a roofie in her drink. this song is about date rape. i hardly think that captures the essence of christmas.

i still like it though.

3 comments:

BEAZER said...

that's what makes this song so great p-money.

it isn't date rape, I'd say more "persuaded and slightly intoxicated intercourse".

Jennifer Lane said...

Your comment at the end is the BEST!!!

Michael C. Hanks said...

The lady had plenty of chances to leave and yet kept making excuses to stay...she was playin the guy making him fight for her! She knew exactly what she was doing...even after the "roofie." If anything...poor guy for having to work so hard and the girl messin with him :)