Monday, December 8, 2008

explain it to me like i'm eight. no, explain it to me like i'm five.

oh my. the office was so good on thursday, one of the best episodes this season. if you didn't get a chance to watch it, please do. it will change your life.

some of my favorite michael quotes from the episode...

"I hate disappointing just one person. And I really hate disappointing everyone. But I love Burlington Coat Factory. You go in there with 645 dollars, you are literally a king."

"No, I don't-- this doesn't change anything. I have a very important decision to make. We need a new copier. We need new chairs. And I need to figure out a way to keep this money without having everybody hate me."

"Well, I swallowed all your ideas. I'm going to digest them and see what comes out the other end."

"You are the silent killer. Go back to the annex."

"What did we learn this week? Well, one, thanks to me, my team is much, much faster at coming to decisions than I thought they would be. Number two, never buy a fur coat with a credit card until you absolutely have the money to pay for it. And three, [camera pans out revealing a big red stain on Michael's fur coat] you should know that some people think it's cool to throw buckets of fake blood on you as you are walking out of Burlington Coat Factory."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a great episode but not as great as the time that i slapped the penny out of your hand and into the cup. that was magic.

paige said...

oh my. that truly was magical.